- Visit Bobolink Farm , an artisan cheese and bread maker. On Stamets Road in Milford.
- Visit Allen’s Antiques (next door). Then visit other antique stores. Then go back to Allen’s.
- Get deeeelicious raw honey from Tassot Apiaries on Rick Road.
- Visit Dwight at The Milford Fruit and Vegetable Stand locally farmed vegetables.
- Go on a canoe / kayak paddling river tour with Paddle Creek in Frenchtown. 908 996 0000. It’s a 3 minute drive.
- Rent a bike for the day from The Cycle Corner, Frenchtown, NJ (3 minutes drive: you can rent bikes and ride the scenic canal path). 908 996 7712
- Walk in a boulder field in Ringing Rocks State Park, Upper Black Eddy, PA (a neat boulder field and waterfall) 5 minutes away. Thank you David Hanauer for the great site!
- Hike Milford Bluffs
- Have walk along our beautiful canal and stop for a cup of locally roasted coffee at Homestead Coffee Roasters , 1650 Bridgeton Hill Rd Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972 (just across the bridge)
- Visit Dvoor Farmers Market
- Play frisbee golf or have a picnic in Tinicum Park, Upper Black Eddy, PA 4 minutes away
- Go get the BEST Chinese dumplings from The Sergeantsville General Store, Sergentsville, NJ 15 minutes away.
Other helpful links to show you what our area offers are below:
Skylands Visitor Guide A superb regional area guide and tourism magazine detailing local attractions and events for Northwest NJ also known as the NJ Skylands region.
River Road Business Alliance: A new website that showcases LOCAL lodging, dining, and other points of interest along our beautiful river
Central Jersey Eats!: A food and restaurant website for Hunterdon, Middlesex, Somerset, and Union counties.
Panorama video: A quicktime vr video that allows you to get a bird’s eye view of Milford. Click and drag in the QT window to see the sites!
Browse: Flickr photos of Milford
Local Places to Stay
Chestnut Hill on the Delaware
Church St, Milford, NJ 08848, (908) 995 9761: It’s within walking distance to The Ship
525 River Rd., Upper Black Eddy, Pa. 18972, (610) 982-5856: It’s within walking distance to The Ship
The Woolverton Inn
8 Woolverton Rd, Stockton NJ, 1 888 264 6648: 15 minutes drive
53 Kingwood Avenue, Frenchtown, N.J. 08825: 5 minutes drive from The Ship
Route 32, Erwinna, PA: 10 minutes drive from The Ship.