- Visit Bobolink Farm , an artisan cheese and bread maker. On Stamets Road in Milford.
- Visit Allen’s Antiques (next door). Then visit other antique stores. Then go back to Allen’s.
- Get deeeelicious raw honey from Tassot Apiaries on Rick Road in Milford.
- Visit Philips Farm on Church Road and pick your own fruit.
- Walk the canal path in Upper Black Eddy. Just walk over the bridge and straight back behind Swamp’s Auto.
- Rent a bike for the day from The Cycle Corner, Frenchtown, NJ (3 minutes drive: you can rent bikes and ride the scenic canal path). 908 996 7712
- Walk in a boulder field in Ringing Rocks State Park, Upper Black Eddy, PA (a neat boulder field and waterfall) 5 minutes away. Thank you David Hanauer for the great site!
- Hike Milford Bluffs, just 5 minutes away.
- Have walk along our beautiful canal and stop for a cup of locally roasted coffee at Homestead Coffee Roasters , 1650 Bridgeton Hill Rd Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972 (just across the bridge)
- Visit Dvoor Farmers Market
- Play frisbee golf or have a picnic in Tinicum Park, Upper Black Eddy, PA 4 minutes away
- Go get the BEST Chinese dumplings from The Sergeantsville General Store, Sergentsville, NJ 15 minutes away.
Other helpful links to show you what our area offers are below:
Skylands Visitor Guide A superb regional area guide and tourism magazine detailing local attractions and events for Northwest NJ also known as the NJ Skylands region.
River Road Business Alliance: A new website that showcases LOCAL lodging, dining, and other points of interest along our beautiful river
Local Places to Stay
Chestnut Hill on the Delaware
Church St, Milford, NJ 08848, (908) 995-9761: It’s within walking distance to The Ship
525 River Rd., Upper Black Eddy, Pa. 18972, (610) 982-5856: It’s within walking distance to The Ship
The Frenchtown National Hotel
31 Race St Frenchtown, NJ 08825, (908) 996-3200
The Woolverton Inn
8 Woolverton Rd, Stockton NJ, 1 888 264 6648: 15 minutes drive
53 Kingwood Avenue, Frenchtown, N.J. 08825: 5 minutes drive from The Ship
Route 32, Erwinna, PA: 10 minutes drive from The Ship.